Last night I was up till about 4 a.m. [late much?], well I was studying so the cause is justifiable! At around 2 a.m. the stray dogs that reside in the empty plot behind my apartment began howling at the top of their canine lungs, honest to god howl at the moon kind [no it wasn’t a full moon]. Howling that would put even the baying of the hound of Baskerville to shame…!
The result of all this howling was well goose-flesh! I couldn’t stop wondering what could be the reason for them to express their views so loudly? It’s not that I minded it, I am just curious….here’s some of the theories my fantasy fiction reading, over-active imagination came up with:-
- A major power shift had occurred after a gang war, and the supporters of either the old or the new order were showing their displeasure or pleasure respectively.
- Somebody died. [that’s the prevailing superstition here at home]
- Somebody was about to die [yup…grandma says it]
- They are actually a bunch of hidden shape-shifters who were weeping at the unjust and judgmental nature of us Homo sapien sapiens
- [This is the best of all in my redundant opinion!]